BAND DIRECTOR – High School/Middle School (Grades 6-12)
DESCRIPTION: The Band Director will be a certified music instructor and is expected to teach concert band, jazz band, and marching band to students in grades 6-12. The instructor should be dynamic, student centered, and have experience conducting ensembles. The Band Director will supervise and coordinate all instrumental music activities to support each participant in achieving a higher level of personal skill, in gaining an enhanced appreciation for music, and in attaining an increased level of self-esteem through rehearsals and performances. Some Pep Band performances will be required for home events. The instructor shall also plan and host summer band camp. The band director will be responsible for documenting and reporting student progress, behavior, and attendance and communicating it effectively to appropriate stakeholders. The instructor shall be an integral part of the secondary school team and shall take part in all staff professional development offerings as well as work with other school personnel to develop the mechanism for evaluating and improving Music Department programs. The instructor shall provide instruction in other subjects as assigned and as needed per required qualifications.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education. Valid MI Music Education (JX) Certification. MI/NCLB Highly Qualified Teacher Status. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Love of teaching and learning from secondary school students. Team player willing to work cooperatively with colleagues. Demonstrated classroom management skills through exceptional planning.
PREFERRED: Master’s Degree in Music Education, Performance, Conducting, Composition, or other related. Minimum of 2 years of successful experience as a band director or assistant band director. Michigan School Band & Orchestra Association (MSBOA) Festival Experience. MI Certification & HQT Status to teach in other areas of general education. Willingness to lead and/or engage in extra and co-curricular activities. Willingness to become a member of a close-knit school family.
REPORTS TO: High School Principal and Middle School Principal
BEGINNING DATE: Week of August 28, 2017 (with possible summer band camp obligations prior)
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Per EREA Teacher Contract
APPLICATION DEADLINE: ALL MATERIALS RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, JULY 14, 2017. Cover Letter, Resume, Transcripts, Professional Certificates, and Three Letters of Recommendation.
SEND CREDENTIALS TO: Michael J. Travis, Elk Rapids High School Principal, 308 Meguzee Pt. Dr., Elk Rapids, MI 49629. Fax: (231) 264-0895; [email protected]
ELK RAPIDS HIGH SCHOOL – Instructional Paraprofessional – Mathematics
Instructional Paraprofessional positions are an integral part of the teaching team. This position will function under the direction of classroom teachers, supporting mathematics and science.
The position will support at-risk (Section 31a) eligible students. This At-Risk (Section 31a) funded position is currently scheduled for 29.5 hours per week (Monday – Thursday) The scope, daily schedule, and longevity of this position are subject to available 31a At-Risk funds.
DESCRIPTION: This Supplemental Services Employee:
1. Shall provide instructional math and science support that fosters academic growth in at-risk students.
2. Shall provide before and/or after school programming in mathematics and science for at-risk students.
3. Shall be responsible for documenting and reporting their services to at risk students.
4. Shall align interventions and services with At-Risk Counselor to facilitate success for at-risk students.
5. Shall help the school staff close the achievement gap between at-risk students and the general population.
6. Shall help all at-risk students meet or exceed state expectations in mathematics and science.
7. Shall help all at-risk students meet or exceed the school’s vision, and expectations for success.
8. Shall help students resolve personal, emotional, and social problems that interfere with their success.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Highly Qualified under NCLB act.
2. Hold either an Associate’s Degree or 60 hours of college coursework or passed either the MTTC basic skills test or the ACT Work Keys test
3. Demonstrated ability to work with a team of educators
4. Confidence in working with technology such as Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, etc.
5. Demonstrated ability to manage student behavior
6. Experience working with high school aged children preferred.
7. Experience working in a mathematical career field or collegiate coursework in mathematics preferred.
8. Demonstrated ability to keep confidentiality
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide assistance to teachers and students for intervention instruction in the areas of math and science.
2. Under the teacher’s assistance provide additional instructional support in one-on-one and small group situations.
3. Support the classroom and school rules and encourage students to follow directions.
4. Under teacher’s direction, assess students as needed.
REPORTS TO: High School Principal BEGINNING DATE: Week of August 28th, 2017 TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Section 31a At Risk-Funded Position is Part-Time. Starting Pay = $12/hour
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with administrative procedures, grant requirements, and established contractual protocols.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: ALL MATERIALS RECEIVED BY MONDAY JUNE 26 TH OR UNTIL POSITION FILLED Letter of Interest, Résumé with 3 References & Transcripts
SEND CREDENTIALS TO: Michael J. Travis, ERHS Principal; 308 Meguzee Pt. Rd. , Elk Rapids, MI 49629 E-mail: [email protected] Fax: 231.264.0895
MILL CREEK ELEMENTARY – 1.0 FTE Special Education Teacher
The preferred candidate will:
- Hold or possess valid Special Education Certification.
- Demonstrate the ability to focus instruction to achieve district curriculum proficiencies and Common Core State Standards.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the writing and follow through of all IEP and special education mandates.
- Participate in the schools’ Intervention and Educational Study discussions about students.
- Be prepared to teach, progress monitor and gather student data in a multitude of intervention programs.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate with multiple educational agencies.
- Preferred: Experience with positive behavior supports, and data collection protocols.
Interested persons should apply in writing to Jessica Ziecina, Principal, Mill Creek Elementary, 9039 Old M72, Williamsburg, MI 49690 or [email protected] by Friday, June 30, 2017. Please provide Cover Letter, Resume, Transcripts, Professional Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation.
CHERRYLAND MIDDLE SCHOOL — .3FTE 8th Grade US History Teacher
The candidate must meet the highly qualified requirements and be certified to teach eighth grade US History at the eighth grade level. Teacher certifications include: RX, CX, CB and CC. This is a part-time, two period per day teaching position.
Interested persons should apply in writing to Mr. Terry Starr, Principal, Cherryland Middle School, 707 E. Third Street, Elk Rapids, MI 49629. Deadline is Friday, June 16, 2017.
SUPPORT SERVICES — 2ND SHIFT CUSTODIAN – PART TIME
Interested persons should apply in writing to Marc Pritchard, 707 E. Third Street, Elk Rapids, MI 49629, or [email protected]
TRANSPORTATION – SUBSTITUTES
Must be at least 21 years of age to qualify and have a valid Driver’s License. Candidates must have a clean driving record and must be able to satisfactorily complete criminal background screening, pre-employment drug screening and training requirements. In addition candidate(s) must pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical. A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with appropriate endorsements is preferred, but we will pay the right candidate to train and test.
Please send letter of interest and resume to: Carol Brokaw-Burry, Transportation Supervisor, Email: [email protected]
1ST AND 2ND SHIFT SUB CUSTODIANS – PART-TIME (Substitutes)
Interested persons should apply in writing to Marc Pritchard, 707 E. Third Street, Elk Rapids, MI 49629, and/or at [email protected]
Substitute Paraprofessionals- Preschool and Kids’ Club
Programs located at Lakeland and Mill Creek Elementary Schools. Candidates should be able to work well with children ages three to 12.
- Must be 18 years or older with valid driver’s license.
- Must provide FBI fingerprinting at a cost of $60. (This can be used at all Michigan schools).
- A physical and TB test administered by your own doctor. Fee will be paid by ER Schools.
- A DHS background clearance.
- CPR/First Aid/Blood Borne Pathogens.
Rate: $9.00 per hour
Date Available: Immediately
Interested candidates can pick up an ER Schools application at:
Lakeland Elementary: Linda Dart, Program Director
616 Buckley Street, Elk Rapids
Mill Creek Elementary: Kathy Lee, Program Director
9039 Old M-72, Williamsburg
The Elk Rapids Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Elk Rapids Schools to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.