ELK RAPIDS HIGH SCHOOL – INSTRUCTIONAL PARAPROFESSIONAL (Begins April 3, 2018)
Instructional Paraprofessional positions are an integral part of the teaching team. This position will function under the direction of classroom teachers, supporting literacy and English Language Arts (ELA). The position will support at-risk (Section 31a) eligible students at Elk Rapids High School and Sunrise Academy Alternative High School.
This At-Risk (Section 31a) funded position is scheduled for a maximum of 29.5 hours per week.
This Supplemental Services Employee:
- Shall provide instructional literacy/ELA support that fosters academic growth and development in at-risk students.
- Shall be responsible for documenting and reporting their services to at risk students.
- Shall align interventions and services with At-Risk Counselor to facilitate success for at-risk students.
- Shall help the school staff close the achievement gap between at-risk students and the general population.
- Shall help all at-risk students meet or exceed state expectations in reading, writing, and other literacy measures.
- Shall help all at-risk students meet or exceed the school’s vision, and expectations for success.
- Shall help students resolve personal, emotional, and social problems that interfere with their success.
- Highly Qualified under NCLB Act.
- Hold either an Associate’s Degree or 60 hours of college coursework or passed either the MTTC basic skills test or the ACT Work Keys test
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team of educators
- Confidence in working with technology such as Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage student behavior
- Experience working with high school aged children
- Experience working in a communications/media career field or collegiate coursework in ELA
- Demonstrated ability to keep confidentiality
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide assistance to teachers and students in an effort to maximize intervention instruction in the areas of reading, writing, and literacy as it relates to English Language Arts & Science coursework.
- Under the teacher’s assistance provide additional instructional support in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Support the classroom and school rules and encourage students to follow directions.
- Under teacher’s direction, assess students as needed.
- Supervise Saturday School up to twice per month (every other Saturday 8:00-11:00am) for additional pay.
REPORTS TO: High School Principal
BEGINNING DATE: Tuesday April 3rd, 2018 or when position filled.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Section 31a At Risk-Funded Position is Part-Time. Wages and benefits will be commensurate with experience, grant requirements, and contractual commitments.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with administrative procedures, grant requirements, and established contractual protocols.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: RECEIVED BY 8:00AM FRIDAY 3.16.18 – Cover Letter, Résumé, Transcripts, & any Professional Certificates.|
SEND CREDENTIALS TO: Michael J. Travis, ERHS Principal; 308 Meguzee Pt. Rd., Elk Rapids, MI 49629, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 231.264.0895
TRANSPORTATION – SUBSTITUTES
Must be at least 21 years of age to qualify and have a valid Driver’s License. Candidates must have a clean driving record and must be able to satisfactorily complete criminal background screening, pre-employment drug screening and training requirements. In addition candidate(s) must pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical. A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with appropriate endorsements is preferred, but we will pay the right candidate to train and test.
Please send letter of interest and resume to: Carol Brokaw-Burry, Transportation Supervisor, Email: email@example.com.
1ST AND 2ND SHIFT SUB CUSTODIANS – PART-TIME (Substitutes)
Interested persons should apply in writing to Marc Pritchard, 707 E. Third Street, Elk Rapids, MI 49629, and/or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitute Paraprofessionals- Preschool and Kids’ Club
Programs located at Lakeland and Mill Creek Elementary Schools. Candidates should be able to work well with children ages three to 12.
- Must be 18 years or older with valid driver’s license.
- Must provide FBI fingerprinting at a cost of $60. (This can be used at all Michigan schools).
- A physical and TB test administered by your own doctor. Fee will be paid by ER Schools.
- A DHS background clearance.
- CPR/First Aid/Blood Borne Pathogens.
Rate: $9.25 per hour
Date Available: Immediately
Interested candidates can pick up an ER Schools application at:
Lakeland Elementary: Linda Dart, Program Director
616 Buckley Street, Elk Rapids
Mill Creek Elementary: Kathy Lee, Program Director
9039 Old M-72, Williamsburg
The Elk Rapids Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Elk Rapids Schools to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.